How to change the language in SmartAlbums
SmartAlbums currently supports the following languages:
The language that you see in SmartAlbums will depend on the language that is set on your machine. If you'd like to change the language shown in the software, simply update your machine's language setting to one of the supported options listed above. You can learn how to update the language on a Mac here, or on a Windows machine here.
Use a supported language without changing the localization settings
If you'd like to see SmartAlbums in one of the supported languages above but you do not want to change your computer's system settings to that language, you can force SmartAlbums to open in another language by following these steps:
- Download this runconfig.json file.
- Open the file using the Textedit app (Mac) or Notepad (Windows).
- Replace the existing argument for the English language (“--language=en”) with one of the other supported language options:
- Open the following file location on your machine: C:/Users/[Username]/AppData/Local/Pixellu/SmartAlbums (Windows) or /Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/Pixellu/SmartAlbums (Mac)
- Move the updated runconfig.json into that file location.
- Once you've done that, SmartAlbums will open in the entered language.
If you have any questions about these steps, please use the live chat feature at the bottom right side of your page to let us know - we'd love to help!