SmartAlbums crashes with Lavasoft Ad-Ware installed (Windows)
Pixellu SmartAlbums may crash with Lavasoft Ad-Aware software installed on Windows. This software may be installed as a browser extension or as part of another software package (e.g. ManyCam or Web Companion Software).
Uninstall Lavasoft software and/or associated software (e.g. Web Companion). The links below show how to uninstall Lavasoft and Web Companion from your machine:
- Click here to learn how to uninstall Lavasoft.
- Click here to learn how to uninstall Web Companion.
To confirm that Lavasoft is the cause of SmartAlbums crashing, follow these steps:
- Select Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Administrative Tools.
- Open Event Viewer.
- Expand Windows Logs from the sidebar and click on Application.
- Find an Application Error that involves Pixellu SmartAlbums.
- Look in the General pane for information about the cause of the crash.
If the faulting module is LavasoftTcpService64.dll, WebCompanion.exe, or something similar, then Lavasoft is the culprit.